Did you ever wrap up a long, cold, tiring brew day and think, “You know what I really feel like doing right now? Baking.” Yeah, us either. Luckily we have found that spent grain keeps really well in a refrigerated Tupperware for a couple days so you can get your post-beer bake on at your leisure.
- 3/4 cup wet spent grain
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 3 very-ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans
- 1 tsp. sugar free pumpkin spice
2. Combine flour, salt, white sugar and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
3. Melt butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Let cool slightly and add to dry ingredients.
4. Stir in the eggs.
5. Add the wet spent grain into the mix and combine.
6. In a small bowl, mash the bananas. Then stir them into your batter along with the pecans, pumpkin spice and brown sugar.
7. Pour the mixture into a greased bread pan or deep baking dish.
8. Bake for about 1 hour or until the top browns and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.